On November 22, the College of Arts, in collaboration with the Senior Advisor for Indigenous Affairs, will be hosting a Stó:lō ceremony.
We invite you to join us in a ceremony acknowledging and thanking the Stó:lō community for sharing their knowledge with the University, hence contributing to the creation of Indigenous Studies and Halq’eméylem programs. The ceremony will start at 4:00 pm and will be followed by dinner. It will be at the Shxwhá:y Village Community Home, which is located at Skway Rd & Lholhqwelwet Road, Chilliwack, BC. Please mark your calendar!
The programs community have provided advice on are:
- Indigenous Studies major and minor (in the BA)
- Halq’eméylem proficiency certificates (intermediate and advanced), graduate certificate and diploma (offered by Modern Languages)
- Stó:lō Studies certificate
- Power and Place associate certificate (formerly Indigenous Maps, Films, Rights, and Land Claims)
- Indigenous Arts certificate (offered by the School of Creative Arts)
- Indigenous Studies certificate
- Indigenous Academic Success Cohorts
We will also take this opportunity to recognize the Indigenous communities for supporting work-integrated learning opportunities for Indigenous students.
We look forward to sharing in this community honouring event with you.