They Only Love Us When We Are Starving
On view October 5 – October 29, 2021 at the S’eliyemetaxwtexw Art Gallery.
This exhibition features UFV Alumni, Isabella Dagnino’s most recent project entitled “They Only Love Us When We Are Starving”. Pulling from traditional stories and language Dagnino uses their lens as a visual storyteller to express ideas around the interconnection of land, body and sense of belonging. Stitched together by diy punk ethos and reinforced by cultural memory we bear witness to the collective strength of community, ancestral knowledge and a larger meaning rooted in the disruption and dismantling of Colonial White dominant society. This project is a story about living through something, and coming out on the other end.
What to know before you visit:
Since reopening, procedures have been put in place to ensure that the S’eliyemetaxwtexw Art Gallery is safe and ready to welcome visitors.
- Wear a mask, face shield or face covering (mandatory, effective September 1, 2021)
- At this time, we are only allowing a maximum of three people in the gallery at a time
- Please keep two (2) metres (6 feet) apart
- Do NOT touch any of the artworks
- Do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
Gallery Hrs: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Mon – Fri.
Admission is free.
For questions, contact Melanie.Jones@ufv.ca or Grace.Tsurumaru@ufv.ca