Each November, Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast celebrate the importance of accessing meaningful work and all those that help us in connecting with our preferred futures. Canada Career Month volunteers work to advance the agenda of improving access to career services and education so that all Canadians are better prepared to develop their careers and transition into the emergent labour market. The theme of Canada Career Month 2022 is Amplify. Students and alumni will be able to find Career Month events on the UFV Events Calendar over the coming months.
UFV student clubs and associations, faculty or staff are invited to host Career Month events! Below are suggestions for planning a Career Month event:
- Plan your event to take place either online or in-person (following current UFV and provincial health guidelines). See Event Resources for venues and suppliers.
- For in-person events, submit your Event Application at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Set up your virtual space (on a platform like Zoom, social media, etc.), or book your in-person space.
- Complete the UFV Student Organization Event Application form (Clubs and Associations only; contact Sheila.McKay@ufv.ca if you have questions).
- Submit your event to UFV Now to be included in UFV Now and UFV Events Calendar. Include Career Month in the event name and select Centre for Experiential and Career Education as a category tag (and any other related categories) for UFV’s website calendar feed. Faculty, staff, and administrative units can also submit student-related event announcements to the VP, Students newsletter.
- Use your own channels to promote your event to students and alumni. See Canada Career Month Logos and Templates. Tag CECE (@UFVjobs) in your social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If your event is open to the public, you can showcase your event on Canada Career Month.
- If registration is required, send information to participants to join your event
We look forward to celebrating Career Month with you!