Welcome to TEDxAbbotsford 2023: Sandbox, where creativity, collaboration, and fearless experimentation take center stage. In a sandbox, both in childhood play and the tech world, we learn to test ideas, make adjustments, and innovate without fear of failure.
This year, we’re bringing that sandbox ethos to life through a series of carefully curated talks. Our diverse lineup of speakers will ignite discussions around innovation and boundary-pushing, all within the safe confines of our Sandbox.
Join us at TEDxAbbotsford as we navigate the Sandbox together, exploring the power of iteration and fearless creativity. Let’s transform ideas and redefine possibilities at TEDxAbbotsford this year.
Date: November 3, 2023
Venue: Evered Hall, Student Union Building, 33844 King Rd, Abbotsford, BC
4:00pm – Opening Doors & Badges Distribution
4:30pm – Pre-party begins!
6:00pm – First series of talks
7:30pm – Refreshment & Food Break
8:30pm – Second series of talks
10:00pm – Closing & Afterparty
– Dr. Jelena Brcic, UFV, Expert in the study of teams in extreme “workplaces”
– Dr. Luisa Giles, Health Sciences, UFV, Researcher in air pollution, Kinesiology
– Dr. Aaron Hunter, Mastercard Chair in Digital Trust, BCIT
– Saniya Kaushal, Writer, Med student, and Founder of the ‘you are not ugly foundation’
– Dr. Gwen Point, Knowledge Keeper for the BC Assembly of First Nations
– Dr. Justin Perry, BCIT, Wild Fire Management
– Mallory Rose, Indigenous entrepreneur, online marketer, startup coach
– Les Talvio, Director and Co-Founder of Cyrus Centre
Your ticket not only guarantees you a seat at this inspirational event but also includes:
Delicious food to sate your appetite.
Refreshing drinks to quench your thirst.
Engaging activities to keep the momentum going.
A chance to win exciting prizes.
And, of course, unlimited fun!