Location: Abbotsford Campus
Viewing Location: Abbotsford Campus G113
Come join us as we view the webinar facilitated by Mark Burris from Blackboard to learn about the new Collaborate Ultra. Mark will provide an overview and answer any questions in how to use the tool as well as some best practices. This will be the first Blackboard Live Webinar provided by Mark, further webinars will be scheduled soon. View the TLC Events page at a later date for upcoming webinars with Mark.
The New Collaborate Key Benefits:
Simple, Convenient and Java Free
- Moving Collaborate away from Java dependency results in simple deployment and convenient access all from the browser with nothing to install
- Rich audio and high quality video for a more personal, engaging experience
- Faster, sharper application sharing leveraging standards based WebRTC technology
- A new foundation for rapid, sustained growth
Modern, Redesigned User Experience
- Focused on education and deeply integrated with Blackboard Learn redesigned for simplicity, accessibility, and supporting academic workflows.
Mark Burris, M.A, M.S, is a Blackboard Customer Success Advocate and has been a Blackboard customer for several years. He has 14 years experience leading online learning initiatives at two Community Colleges and two Universities. During that time, he was also an adjunct professor for 17 years, teaching courses in philosophy, ethics, business ethics, and critical thinking.
Mark has led several product upgrades and implementations, including Blackboard Learn, Collaborate, Mobile, GUI System Administration, and integration projects with Student Information Systems. Mark has been a one-person shop but has also developed support teams of up to 11 staff, including instructional designers and educational technicians. So, he is able to view transitions from a faculty member’s perspective as well as from that of technical support and academic administration.
Mark looks forward to working with faculty, administration, and technical staff to use Blackboard to its fullest and to help students and faculty to have the best online learning experience possible.
Event Location : Abbotsford Campus
Blackboard Webinar: Blackboard Collaborate (Webconferencing) is now Blackboard Ultra!Date(s): Monday, September 18
Time: 11:45 am - 12:45 pm