May 4, 2022 (12:00-2:00 pm)
This event, organized by the Teaching and Learning Centre in partnership with the Office of the Provost, recognizes and celebrates your adaptability, ingenuity, and dedication to students’ learning.
The goal of this event is to provide an opportunity for you to briefly share one aspect of your course with your colleagues. By the end of the event, participants will have new ideas, strategies, and awareness of what their peers have done to support student’s learning in the past year.
The recordings of the individual presentations will be posted on the UFV MediaSpace. Last year’s sessions can be viewed here: https://video.ufv.ca/media/Celebration%20of%20Great%20Online%20Learning%20-%20Full%20Webinar/0_4uw1s8qh
Event date and time: May 4th from 12:00 – 1:30 pm
(ending organically between 1:30 and 2:00 pm)
12:00 – 12:05 pm – Introductions from James Mandigo and Maureen Wideman
12:05 – 12:10 pm – Brief overview of how the event will go (presentations then Q&A)
12:10 – 12:50 pm – Faculty presentations
12:50 – 1:00 pm – Wrap-up and thank presenters before starting Q&A
1:00 – 1:30 pm – Participants can direct questions to the presenters for opportunity to learn and share in more depth
The following faculty (subject to change) will be participating at this event on May 4th:
- Melanie Opmeer, Communications – Active Learning Roles in the Classroom
- Patrick Watchorn, Faculty of Applied and Technical Studies – Using the Tablet to Annotate
- Amanda Wurz, School of Kinesiology – Personal health Challenge Assignment
- Lolehawk Laura Buker, Indigenous Studies – Podcast Assignment
- Michael Corman, Social, Cultural & Media Studies – Authentic Assessments
- Leonne Beebe, Upgrading and University Preparation – Visual Syllabus
- Christine Nehring, Applied Business Technology (ABT) – HyFlex Fridays
- Renee Prasad, Agriculture – Agruculture, Pre-reading actually gets done
Register for either, or both days!
Event LocationMap Unavailable
Celebrate Learning – at UFVDate(s): Wednesday, May 4
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm