Location: Abbotsford Campus
Room: ThinkerSpace G124
Join us as we view the Designing Summer Bridge Programs: Curriculum Development, Delivery & Results webinar through Innovative Educators. This is part 1 of the Create, Implement & Deliver Summer Bridge Programs Web Series.
The University of Central Arkansas offers a variety of summer bridge programs that have the purpose of getting students acclimated to college life and to brush up on academic skills before starting the fall semester. This webinar will discuss one-week skill building and test prep programs as well as a three-week co-requisite program that clusters a general education course, a developmental literacy course, and a student success course. Cal Poly has implemented a three-week early Fall bridge program for incoming freshmen to help students prepare for the pace and intensity of the academic experience at a highly selective university. The webinar will emphasize the curriculum development, implementation, and outcomes of both programs. Participants will also learn how to identify the high-level goals of their institution’s leadership and strategy, and how to design (or redesign) summer bridge programs to achieve outcomes that support and advance an institution’s strategic priorities.
- Identify the primary characteristics of summer bridge programs
- Describe several key trends that are relevant to summer bridge programming
- Review two different models for offering summer bridge at the University of Arkansas and review the results of each
- Identify and articulate their own institution’s strategic priorities
- Create or redesign a summer bridge program to achieve outcomes that advance an institution’s strategic priorities
- The Race to the Finish: Constructing a New Summer Program for Incoming Freshmen
- Bridge Programs Help First-Generation Students Adapt to College Life
Information on part 2 of the webinar: Creating an Online Summer Bridge Program: Designing, Implementing and Assessing
If you are unable to attend please let us know as access to the recorded version of the webinar will be available at a later date.
To register please email Teaching & Learning.
Event Location : Abbotsford Campus
Create, Implement & Deliver Summer Bridge Programs: Part 1 WebinarDate(s): Tuesday, October 17
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm