Location: UFV Abbotsford Campus
Room: TLC Collaborative Space G113
Facilitator: Online Seminar – presented by Jill Schiefelbein
Classroom video started as recorded lectures, then morphed into searchable lectures or dividing lectures into chunks. But by thinking about video a little differently—in terms of microlectures, series, and challenge videos—you’ll not only better engage your students but also make a bigger impact on a greater group of people. This in turn can lead to a vast array of opportunities to establish your expertise in your field, increase your exposure, and acquire greater grant and research funding.
The Magna Online Seminar, Create Influence Beyond Campus: Video Basics for Faculty, presented by Jill Schiefelbein. You’ll learn multiple ways to conceptualize video use in and out of the classroom. Explore video’s role in various aspects of academic life as well as how video can help establish your expertise and open opportunities beyond the classroom.
- The role video plays in attracting grants and research funding
- The reasons why having a visible and credible presence outside of the academy is important
- Why the video format is a primary way to communicate content to the billions of people searching for information
- Statistics about the use of video, relevance of video, and the amount of video consumed
- Examples illustrating the fundamental change in how people search for information, and how experts emerge from all places now
- Five different ways of using video to increase credibility, exposure, and engagement for you, your academic unit, and/or your research
- How livestreaming can bring new life to your teaching, research, projects, departments and units, and institution
This seminar will cover the following questions
- Why should faculty and academics create video content?
- How do I get more views on my YouTube videos?
- What’s the best place to publish video content for exposure?
- How do I get started with livestreaming video?
To register or for more information contact Teaching & Learning at email@example.com .
Event Location : UFV Abbotsford Campus
Online Seminar – Create Influence Beyond Campus: Video Basics for FacultyDate(s): Tuesday, February 6
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm