Join Victoria Surtees, TLC Specialist, Internationalization, in her 8 session series.
More information to come. These sessions will be facilitated online.
Culturally responsive pedagogy is an approach that challenges deficit perspectives and draws on students strengths to foster success. Join a community of staff and faculty interested in exploring topics, theories and activities related to this approach over 8 (1- hour) sessions.
Sessions will be every two weeks on Mondays, 11:30-12:30 on the following dates with the following sub-themes:
- Jan. 23 – Reflecting on one’s own cultural lens
- Feb 6 – Identifying and redressing bias
- Feb 27 – Draw on students’ culture to shape curriculum and instruction
- Mar 6 – Bring Real-World issues into the classroom
- Mar 20 – Model High expectations for all students
- April 3 – Promote respect for student differences
- April 17 – collaborate with families and local communities
- May 1 – Communicate in linguistically responsive ways
Sign up for the first session to learn more and decide if you’d like to be part of our community.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More events: events.ufv.ca/tlc/
Event LocationMap Unavailable
Professional Learning Community: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy (3 of 8 session series)Date(s): Monday, February 27
Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm