Date(s) - 03/07/2020 Friday - 06/07/2020 Monday
4:30 pm - 8:00 am
What do I need to know?
IT Services will be migrating the current portal eHelpDesk to the new portal Team Dynamix system beginning Friday July 03rd at 4:30pm. This message contains information on how to manage any open eHelpDesk tickets you may have and prepare you for the new Team Dynamix system that will become available at 8 am, Monday, July 6th.
When will this occur?
The eHelpDesk system will be unavailable after 4:30 pm on Friday, July 3, 2020.
What do I need to do?
If you have an open ticket with the Service Desk, our ITS technicians will be working at resolving your ticket over the next two weeks. You will receive an email when the ticket has been updated or resolved. If you require an update, please email email@example.com or call us on local 4610 or 604-864-4610.
If you require assistance between 4:30pm on July 3 and 8:00am on July 6, please email IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Monday, July 6th after 8 am, a new desktop icon will replace the current question-mark icon on all UFV desktops. For those who without access to their UFV desktops, the portal will be accessible by visiting https://itservicedesk.ufv.ca or www.ufv.ca/its.
Who is impacted?
All UFV employees and Students.
What is New?
The updated web-based, self-service portal will provide employees and students with:
- Over 25 common service requests in our service catalogue
- Seamless submission of incident and service request tickets
- Full visibility into the status and history of submitted tickets
- Access to over 100 knowledgebase articles
- Access to the web-based service desk portal when studying and working remotely
- Ability for employees to sign in using their UFV login account
- Ability for students to self-register using their single sign-on credentials
For sneak peek of the new portal, view a 9 minute introduction video located here.
Still need more info?
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk at email@example.com or call us on local 4610 or 604-864-4610.